An apparent terrorist attack in the heart of Berlin days before Christmas. Berlin police have launched a new manhunt for the person responsible for the truck attack on a Berlin market that killed twelve and injured nearly fifty. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack as Berliners face the reality that there is a terrorist roaming armed and free in their city.
Police confirm at least nine people have been killed in the apparent attack. A suspect has been taken into custody. Read the latest on DW.com
- Un camion a foncé lundi soir sur un marché de Noël situé sur la Breitscheidplatz, dans l’ouest du centre-ville de Berlin.
- >La police berlinoise fait pour l’instant état d’au moins 9 morts et d’au moins 50 blessés.
- Facebook a par ailleurs activé dans la soirée le safety check qui permet aux internautes, à l’occasion d’un attentat, d’informer leurs amis qu’ils sont en sécurité.
The incident occurred on the Breitscheidplatz square, near the location of Berlin’s iconic Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church along the Kurfürstendamm shopping mile. Nine people are reported to have died as a result of the apparent attack; however, unconfirmed reports state that there may be more fatalities to come. Up to 50 people have been reported as injured.
The police are treating the event as an apparent terror attack. The driver of the truck is believed to have fled the scene; however, no arrests have been made so far.
- 2036 UTC – a suspect has been arrested according to a police source.
- 2035 UTC – Germany’s DPA news agency reports the Scalia-brand truck managed to plough up to 80 meters (260 feet) into the crowd at the Christmas market.
- 2033 UTC – Police have asked for people to stay indoors to assist with unfolding investigation.
- 2006 UTC – Berlin police confirm tally of nine fatalities.
Just now a truck drove over the sideway at #Breitscheidplatz. Our colleagues report injured people. More information here.
— Polizei Berlin (@polizeiberlin) 19 décembre 2016
Suspect in Berlin attack arrested near zoo.
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) 19 décembre 2016
— DW | Politics (@dw_politics) 19 décembre 2016
Who said that in politics is forbidden to have feelings and these expressed by this extraordinary way in the streets of Uk? A giant mural showing Donald Trump passionately kissing the Former Mayor of London and Conservative MP, Boris Johnson , who leads the campaing for Brexit, made surface on the side of a building in Bristol, Britain, just one month before its referendum on EU membership. Continue reading Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in a passionate capitalist fraternal street-art kiss in Bristol, Uk